top of page



An EIN (Employer Identification Number) is also referred to as a Federal Tax ID Number. When you do business in the U.S., you can use this number to identify your company and file taxes. If you need to get an EIN from outside the U.S the process is slightly complicated, and our team can assist with the process to obtain EIN successfully in 2-3 weeks' time.

You Need an EIN?

In the United States, every business is required to have an EIN. This unique number, which is issued by the federal government, is used by the IRS in order to quickly and easily identify each business for tax purposes.

Once your business has been legally registered, you can apply for an EIN, and the IRS will use your company’s EIN to track your business income taxes, as well as to receive the taxes that you are required to pay.

If you are not a U.S. citizen and you’re located outside of the United States but you’re doing business in the country, such as running an e-commerce storefront or selling on Amazon, you need to go through the appropriate steps to get your EIN and report your earnings.

If you don’t have an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) or SSN (Social Security Number), your EIN will be used instead. Plus, if you are importing goods into the U.S., you will need to show an EIN if you don’t already have an ITIN or SSN. This number will also help you to avoid the complex forms from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Here are a few reasons why your business would need to file for an EIN:


  • You’re operating your business as a partnership or corporation.

  • Your business has employees.

  • Your business withholds taxes on income that’s paid to one or more non-resident aliens.

  • You have a Keogh plan, which is a retirement plan for those who are self-employed

  • You file any of the following tax returns: Excise, Employment, and Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

  • Your business is involved in any of these types of organizations: estates, trusts, non-profit organizations, real estate mortgage investment conduits, plan administrators, and farmers’ cooperatives.

  • You’re importing goods to the U.S. such as for sale on marketplaces like Amazon. Customs require an EIN when goods are valued over a certain amount or if you ship them to the U.S. by sea.

bottom of page